Anatomy and Phsysiology questions are common on many Health Care standardized certification tests. Here is a brief list:
1. An example of human homeostasis is _______________.
- Fluid Balance
2. Human homeostasis is the ability of the body to regulate its _______________ in response to fluctuations in the environment outside the body.
- Inner environment
- Outer environment
3. The amount of energy / calories that your body requires to maintain itself is known as _______________.
- Fluid balance
4. An example of a person whose metabolism has lowered is _______________.
- A woman who is in her teens and quite athletic
- A man who is past 30 and whose body is losing muscle.
- A man who is past 30 and works out daily.
- A man who is past 30 and eats a low-fat diet.
5. An example of something that increases a person’s metabolism is _______________.
- Aerobic exercise
- Mental exercise
- Eating a fatty diet
The human body manages a multitude of highly complex interactions to maintain balance within a normal range. The kidneys are responsible for regulating blood water levels, re-absorption of substances into the blood, maintenance of salt and ion levels in the blood, regulation of blood pH, and excretion of urea and other wastes.[i]
Exercise and low fat diets will increase metabolism. Choice B, a man who is past 30 and whose body is losing muscle is the only choice.
Exercise will increase metabolism, so A. aerobic exercise.